Get the latest 340B Developments from washington
Just in the past few weeks, the President's budget request has called upon Congress to give the administration broad authority to regulate the 340B program. Republican lawmakers in both the House and Senate said they will introduce legislation placing restrictions on the program and the chairman of the House committee that oversees the program wrote a letter to HRSA raising concerns over what he considers insufficient oversight in light of "rapid growth" of the program. At the same time, bipartisan lawmakers have introduced a bill that would enable rural hospitals to benefit more fully from the program.
Needless to say, the 340B Coalition Summer Conference comes at a time of unprecedented attention to the program as well as to 340B stakeholders. Please join our largest gathering yet as we celebrate 25 years of the 340B program.
Among the hot topics slated for discussion at the conference:
- 340B legislation. Will the pharmaceutical industry get their wish and get a bill through Congress to restrict the 340B program?
- A key pricing enforcement rule is on hold. What is the status of HRSA’s 340B ceiling price and manufacturer civil monetary penalty rule?
- Anger about high drug prices. President Trump has promised to rein in drug prices. Can it actually be done?
We are also pleased to announce three exciting keynote speakers:
- Dr. Leana Wen, MD, MSc., FAAEM, Commissioner of Health for the City of Baltimore
- Dr. Aaron Kesselheim, MD, JD, MPH, Associate Professor of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Dr. George Sigounas, MS, Ph.D., Administrator, Health Resources and Services Administration
Whether you are a health care provider, contract pharmacy, pharmaceutical manufacturer, 340B-oriented business or government agency, attending the conference is the best way to be informed about 340B.
We look forward to seeing you in July!
Who Should Attend
- Pharmacists and clinic directors at institutions providing care to low-income and uninsured populations
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors, and group purchasing organizations
- Pharmacy service companies and information technology firms
- Retail, chain, specialty pharmacies, and other businesses that contract with 340B entities
- State Medicaid pharmacy directors and drug assistance program managers
- Pharmacy benefit managers/administrators, and other health plans
- Consultants, attorneys, and other compliance experts
- Federal, state, and local policy makers and government relations directors
- AIDS drug assistance program officials and AIDS service organizations
- Other providers of health care for the uninsured and vulnerable populations
Continuing Education Credits for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians Available!
Don't miss out! This is a great chance for all pharmacy service companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, health insurance plans, IT companies, wholesalers, GPOs, and law/consulting firms to promote your company's services and products in an intimate and relaxed setting. Hundreds of pharmacists and other clinicians, hospital and health center executives, federal, state and local government officials, GPO's, wholesalers, drug company decision makers and other leading health care professionals will be attending this conference. The exhibit area is designed to ensure a high level of traffic that will enable your company to maximize its marketing investment. There are many exciting exhibition options as well as opportunities to promote your services on our website. More information on becoming an exhibitor in the exhibitor prospectus. Questions? Contact Lee-Anne Gabrielli at (202) 552-5856.
14th Annual 340B Coalition Winter Conference
The 14th Annual 340B Coalition Conference will be held at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, CA on February 21-23, 2018.
Please check www.340bwinterconference.org for more information or if you would like to be notified of future conferences on the 340B program, please create an account to be added to our mailing list. Please note that previous attendees at events hosted by the 340B Coalition or 340B Health, 340B Health members/corporate partners, 340B Informed do not need to sign up.