2021 already is shaping up to be another extraordinarily eventful year for the 340B drug pricing program. A new Congress and new administration have turned their attention to expanding access to health care, addressing rising drug prices, and improving health equity. Federal regulators continue to work with covered entities to provide flexibility during the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency. State governments debate new policy changes that would affect covered entities.
As always, the 340B Coalition Summer Conference will provide you with all the information you need to adapt to these important developments and maintain a fully compliant 340B program for your hospital, health center, or clinic. The conference will feature experts from across the country and from the halls of government, providing you with the latest intelligence and best practices so you can continue to improve the operation of your 340B programs.
This year’s conference marks our 25th annual summer meeting. While continued limitations on meetings in the Washington, D.C., area require we hold this event online, our interactive platform will enable you to maximize your professional development, network with your peers, and visit with exhibitors to discuss the solutions you need. To make it easier for you to attend amid your busy work schedules, we are spreading the conference over five half-days between July 20-28, and we have designed each day’s agenda to be convenient for attendees in all U.S. time zones. Please note that all events listed in the preliminary agenda are Eastern Time.
Register now for this must-attend event so you can hear the latest about a range of 340B topics that include:
- Drug company updates. A group of pharmaceutical manufacturers continue refusing 340B pricing on drugs dispensed at contact pharmacies, defying federal regulators, lawmakers, and covered entities. You will receive up-to-the-minute updates on the legal, legislative, and regulatory efforts to put a stop to these damaging actions and restore 340B to its proper legal stance.
- Operations and compliance. We will be joined by several top officials from the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) along with other legal and regulatory experts who will discuss the key information you need to run your programs efficiently and avoid adverse audit findings, billing and reimbursement pitfalls, and program eligibility problems.
- Federal and state activity. Lawmakers on Capitol Hill and in statehouses across the nation continue to show a keen interest in drug pricing legislation and other measures that could affect 340B. You will hear from representatives of the government and advocates for covered entities about how the 340B community is working to make sure that policy makers understand why protecting the program is vital for you and the patients you serve.
- COVID-19. Covered entities and other front-line health providers have been a vital part of the nation’s response to COVID-19. Despite the mobilization of a massive vaccination effort, the public health emergency continues to present challenges to covered entities that are committed to helping end the pandemic. The conference will discuss the roles that 340B savings, regulatory flexibility, and proposed legislation are playing in the response efforts.
- 340B research. Covered entities have helped contribute to a growing body of evidence demonstrating the importance of the 340B program in expanding health access, improving patient health outcomes, and achieving greater health equity. Researchers will highlight the newest 340B success stories and discuss how your work can become part of that research narrative.
The online, interactive format for this conference will enable you to maximize your learning opportunities, network with your peers, visit with exhibitors to learn about the solutions you need, and plan your participation around your busy schedules. We look forward to seeing you there!
In addition to the exceptional education, networking and unparalleled access to speakers, and industry vendors, attending virtually is now easier than ever. Here’s why:
- No need to travel thus eliminating the expenses of hotels, airfare, meals, and transportation
- Discounted registration rates with even lower fees if you register by the early-bird deadline of June 7, 2021
- A schedule that is manageable during your work or home routine
- Can’t make a session at the time it’s scheduled, no problem. Most sessions will be recorded and can be viewed for up to 60 days post conference
- Access to every industry vendor you need to speak with right at your finger tips. Schedule appointments in advance or visit their booth to download information, listen to a presentation or have a chat or live discussion with a company representative